For general and sometimes important communication there is an HSO members' Google group. It is important that individual members ensure they are subscribed to this group so that they receive announcements, e.g. "Rehearsal canceled due to snow!".
- You will need to sign up for a Google account and then apply for membership of the group. Someone on the committee will then check that you are a member of the orchestra before activating your account.
- The Google account does not require you to use a new (e.g. Google) email address, so you will not have another email address to manage! In fact, you can register more than one of your existing email addresses with your Google account and all emails to the group email will be sent to all of your registered email addresses.
- At any time, you can update, add, or remove email addresses, or indeed unsubscribe from the group.
- Joining this group will not share your email address(es) with anyone outside of the HSO Committee.
- You will not be "spammed". Only members of the HSO committee are able to send emails to the group.
Lastly, this Google group for HSO members is completely separate from the mailing list for concert goers.